Wix is an online tool with a blog platform. It provides you with the opportunity to build a website without learning web design or programming languages.
This platform allows you to easily publish your content and interact with your readers in ways that aren’t possible on other platforms.
Blogging on Wix has always been a fantastic journey, but the experience is even more surreal with new developments and tools. Here are the features, advantages and disadvantages of blogging on Wix.
Blogging Features In Wix
Quick Action Bar
The action bar in Wix is convenient, mobile-friendly, and has a full-screen computer view. Readers can quickly write or read your posts by clicking on their corresponding buttons, and there are some other buttons as well.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to take your Wix site to the next level, then you need to check out the Quick Action bar. This amazing tool allows you to add a variety of features to your site with just a few clicks.
With the Quick Action bar, you can add social media buttons, contact forms, newsletter signups, and much more. You can also use it to create custom buttons for your site.
The Quick Action bar is a great way to make your Wix site more interactive and user-friendly. If you’re not using it, you’re missing out!
The Blog Page
The blog page has several sections like: “My Posts” “Now Reading”, “New Post”, “Your Favorites”, “Top Posts”, etc. You can also include comments on your posts, encouraging readers to write in their thoughts.
You can customize your WordPress blog’s appearance by including features you want to appear. You should select the content that you want people to view on your feed, decide whether you want to display a sidebar on your blog, and add social media sharing buttons and links.
Marketing and FAQ Section
This section enables you to do many things, including interacting with the ready through question and answer. You can solicit information from your readers and understand their opinions. They can also provide feedback on any of your posts.
You can use this feature to ask a question or pose a statement for discussion. When someone answers, it will appear in the comments area below. You can then reply directly to that comment, or you can choose to delete it if you don’t want to respond to a particular comment.
The cloud platform is a simple and user-friendly tool. It allows you to create an account and upload your media like images, videos, documents, etc., from anywhere in the world and consists of a native desktop application for Windows and Mac operating systems.
This is the primary editor on Wix, with which you can insert your posts in the content you have written and publish it in one click.
Wix Photo Albums
If you are in search of an album making software that will help you to make beautiful albums, then you should try Wix Photo Albums.
With this software, you will be able to create albums with ease. The software provides you with a wide range of templates that you can use to create your album. You can also add text, photos, and videos to your album with ease.
The photo albums in Wix are pretty simple to use and easy to manage. You can upload several images and showcase them on your site. You can also give them an attractive name and add captions to make the stories more interesting.
If you’re looking for a way to communicate with your website visitors in real-time, then you should check out Wix Chat. With Wix Chat, you can answer questions, provide support, and even make sales.
One of the best things about Wix Chat is that it’s very easy to use. You don’t need to download anything, and you can start chatting with your visitors with just a few clicks.
Wix Chat feature lets you add the messaging tool to start a conversation with your visitors. This makes your website responsive and interactive. It also enables you to customize your messages to increase engagement.
With Wix, it’s easy to let the platform create a new blog for you, or if you’re more experienced, you can work your way through the editor and customize a template to create a new site.
Wix has dozens of popular page builder templates, each of which behaves differently and allows you to modify templates the way you want. If you don’t like one of the templates that comes with Wix, it’s easy to switch to another editor and get something you can understand better.
They are more flexible when compared to the free ones and include almost all the features you need, including galleries, sliders, video walls, etc. You can use these themes, templates, or other means to gain more positive feedback from your readers.
From your editor, you can play around with different layouts to see which one works best for your site’s style. You can choose a custom layout for the All Posts feed – the main feed of the blog where all of your post appear, and for the Categories feed – which shows the posts per category.
If you’re using Wix to build your website, you might be wondering if there are any must-have plugins to make your site even better. Here are five plugins that we think are essential for any Wix site.
Here are just a few of the most popular Wix plugins:
1. Social Feed. This plugin allows you to display a feed of your social media activity on your website. It’s a great way to keep your website visitors up-to-date on what you’re doing on social media, and it’s also a great way to drive traffic to your social media pages.
2. Contact Form. This plugin allows you to add a contact form to your website so that your visitors can easily get in touch with you. It’s a great way to collect leads.
3. Google Maps: This plugin allows you to add a Google Maps to your site.
Essential web development services are free to business models with paid features and functionality. Wix offers you a free version of the platform for building a website. The number of templates and themes only limits it. You can decide to upgrade or not.
Advantages of Blogging In Wix:
- Simplicity: Wix is extremely easy to use. You can create a website and begin blogging in a few minutes, even if you have no experience designing or developing websites.
- Mobile-Friendly: Wix was designed for mobile devices, so it looks good on smartphones, unlike other blog platforms that come with an awkward format for smartphones and tablets.
- AI-based Website Design: the platform uses AI technology to optimize the design of your website based on keyword frequency, length of your posts, keywords used in your content, and other factors. So it will not just help you create a website but also increase your SEO.
- Social Media Integration: You can connect it with Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to enhance the engagement of your blog readers. Wix is more of a social media platform than a web design tool.
- Can Publish Posts From Almost Any Device: You can publish new blog posts from any device because the platform is compatible with the most common operating systems and browsers. You are not limited to your PC or laptop to write new posts for your blog.
- Free Shared hosting: Wix offers you a free shared hosting platform. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about data transfers, database storage, or other complications. Also, your blog will be hosted on the same servers as all of your other Wix sites. This means that your website will be able to load faster since it won’t require any special processing or storage.
- SEO Ready: The platform is SEO-friendly, which means it’s compatible with all major search engines like Google, Bing, or Yahoo.
- Wix does have some options for plan subscriptions and recurring payments. If you sell a product customer subscribes to, this builder may be perfect for you now.
- It’s one of the most well-known website builders out there because. It offers a whole bunch of different plans based on what you need.
- There are several templates available on Wix which you can use to create your website. There are tons of themes and templates for professional and personal use for different purposes.
Disadvantages of Blogging In Wix:
- Templates not interchangeable: the main issue with Wix is that the templates are not interchangeable. This means that you can’t simply edit a template to suit your needs. if you want to make changes, you need to hire a professional designer or developer and get the site re-built from scratch.
- Free plan forces Wix branding: Wix has a free plan, which is great for people who just want to get started with their blog. However, you have to be aware that the free plan comes with Wix branding that won’t look professional and you will have a limited selection of templates.
- Tracking and analytics require a paid plan: to enjoy the analytic tools and tracking you will need to use the paid plans. Also, all of the premium features require you to use a custom domain name, which is more complicated than just using the default “website.wix.com” to track your traffic stats.
- Premium Plans are single-site only: Wix is not meant for people who have multiple blogs or websites. All paid plans are single-site only, so if you want to use them, you will need to pay for the same feature multiple times. If you have many websites, you will have to pay for each one separately.
- It really does kind of falls short of inventory tracking and many e-commerce features require an upgrade to the highest tier of the plan.
Wix is an excellent tool if you do not have any experience in blogging. But, if you are looking to build multiple websites, then Wix might not be the right platform for you.
Keep in mind that Wix is mainly designed for people who want create personal and business websites, but there are some features that may be useful for people who don’t necessarily need these features.
However, if a blog is your primary reason for creating a website with Wix, you may want to consider using another blogging platform.
I hope you found this article about blogging in wix helpful.
But if you really want to utilize a blog to scale your online business, I would strongly recommend to consider WordPress.